Gibson Brands Forums

Brazilian Gibson AJ

BoneCrusher13

Hey all!

I hadn’t been on here in so long I had to make a new account. 
I have the opportunity to purchase/Trade for a Gibson Advanced Jumbo from 2001. The label is signed by Ren. 
This guitar has a repaired top crack repaired by Gibson and looks like an excellent job done. Hardly noticeable if I’m honest. 
anyone around here own one? 
my trade would be a Gibson Original Jumbo from 2013. The ones that were made /100 built to the “Exact” specs of Gary Burnetts 507A.

Guess I’m just hunting for some conversation?

Cheers!

On 12/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, MagnoliasBloom said:

Hey all!

I hadn’t been on here in so long I had to make a new account. 
I have the opportunity to purchase/Trade for a Gibson Advanced Jumbo from 2001. The label is signed by Ren. 
This guitar has a repaired top crack repaired by Gibson and looks like an excellent job done. Hardly noticeable if I’m honest. 
anyone around here own one? 
my trade would be a Gibson Original Jumbo from 2013. The ones that were made /100 built to the “Exact” specs of Gary Burnetts 507A.

Guess I’m just hunting for some conversation?

Cheers!

The AJ was built to exact specs in 89 90.  Gary loaned the AJs  to Ren to duplicate,   

in 2001 the AJ would of been a low grade Brazilian, iron wood , Rosewood,    Madagascar introduced in 2008.    In the Anniversary models 

I have 6 AJs here from 92 to 96. The Brazilian on those I provided  for the builds.  

I also have a Madagascar version.  
my two originals that I owned  from 1939 were  Indian Rosewood   

my 34 L2 14 fret is Brazilian 

Edited by slimt

Amazing! So a low grade Brazilian that’s unfortunate. 
Sounds like you know and love Advanced Jumbos. 
The early 90’s model look and sound incredible from what I have seen on “YouTube”

The trade I would he making is a guitar I’ve grown to love but also feel like I have to baby it which makes me uncomfortable for playing out. 

are these must have guitars if they are affordable or not super desirable? 

Thanks Slimt

F10D9B97-0360-43C4-8DE2-F3CFAB300113.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagnoliasBloom said:

Amazing! So a low grade Brazilian that’s unfortunate. 
Sounds like you know and love Advanced Jumbos. 
The early 90’s model look and sound incredible from what I have seen on “YouTube”

The trade I would he making is a guitar I’ve grown to love but also feel like I have to baby it which makes me uncomfortable for playing out. 

are these must have guitars if they are affordable or not super desirable? 

Thanks Slimt

F10D9B97-0360-43C4-8DE2-F3CFAB300113.jpeg

Does it have Brazilian on the label?   That was the year as well for Madagascar, mine was a burst. 

the 90s Brazilian versions were Custom shop guitars, they were requested by clients , they were signed inside the tops as well.