Gibson Brands Forums

"Drummer Guy" Here

I am down to two guitars, a beautiful custom guitar made by my brother and my (what I think is) a 2013 Les Paul Custom Shop VOS Black Beauty.  (CS 30XXXX) This guitar has always been my pride & joy, my favorite.

As my title states, I am a drummer whose best friends are all guitarists/bassists, mediocre to WOW at their skills.  I have attempted to play well enough over the 40+ years to assist in songwriting.  Through the years I got quite good enough for that purpose, but in retirement very serious arthritis in the first two fingers of my left hand keeps me from playing for too long.

I have always had guitars around the house for those that came without one so at any time we could do what we loved most and that is play music, it always soothes the soul.  As luck would have it, now, the arthritis has now invaded my shoulders also, possibly due to multiple surgeries.  Sold all my drum kits, parts and pieces to needy musicians at quite the steal of a price, it gave my heart a nice warm feeling, it is so much better than any instrument collecting dust or kept as a keepsake.  "They should be played."

As the arthritis wains on my lucky days, I still give the guitars a helluva try and attempt to make beautiful noise, of course the amp is at "11!"  I just wrote Gibson customer service to see exactly what this guitar is and isn't.  It doesn't really matter, it plays like a dream and the sound is beautiful, never any tuning problems, tune it, it stays tuned.  I do store it in its original case de-tuned and if nothing else I take it out and give it a good cleaning regularly.

Rockerga

DRS_5561-2.jpg

• 1 month later...