Gibson Brands Forums

RMA Service Quality

brianv4

so i was one of the fortunate, got my dark fire december 31st, all was good. then the mck locked up. i decided to wait on an rma hoping more of the bugs could be worked out. on march 4th i contact customer support and my df was sent back to be repaired. I got it back on april 20th, nothing had been repaired. contacted gibson and received an apology and a new rma # so again on april 22nd my df was again making the trip to nashville. i'm hoping i get it back with the new updates/hardware changes w/o a 6 week wait.

so far it seems ok' date=' all the bugs seem to be gone. i'll be playing more tonight just to be sure.[/quote']

This is great news!!! Happy for you. I wonder if there is any way for us to verify whether you go the upgraded hardware mentioned in Craig's blog page.

it works great, they nailed it this time. I haven't called Gibson to ask if it received the May 09 updates/fixes but judging by it's operation I'd have to think it did. After all this I've decided to let it go...it's just more technology than I want or need in my guitar. I mean, how can you put aside a 59 reissue for a DF?

I have had the same problem as brianv4. Sent my Dark Fire out for repairs on the 31st of March, received it back the 21st of April. Don't know how to say this, the short story is, nothing digital worked adequately. Shipped back to Nashville on April 24, and I am rather impatiently waiting to receive it again.

Reading Craig Anderton’s blog the other day brought some relief among ongoing thoughts like, does anyone at Gibson have any control over what’s going on there? Or, using fedex to store RMA inventory doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

Now, having supported R&D, and production scale-up efforts in a past life, I understand what those guys are going through, been there, done that, thank you. However, communicating with the owner (customer) and other stakeholders, is an essential part of the process, even if the news is bad, it needs to be done. I urge Gibson Customer Service to take a good look at how others handle customer communications. “It’s not fixed yet” is not what a customer wants to hear, but, along with a "we're dedicated to solving this problem", it’s a big improvement over hearing nothing.

I should also say, this guitar turns my crank. I can’t wait to get it back. From the seemingly endless tonal possibilities, to it’s awesome appearance, to it’s ease of use, I’m a big fan. I hope this somewhat risky venture pays off big for Gibson when all is said and done.

don't despair dicb1, although i had to send it right back after it being gone for too many weeks, it came back the 2nd time really quickly and was working most awesome. And i agree, if Gibson would be more forthcoming with whats going on perhaps we'd live with a few malfunctions and wait to get things repaired with the latest updates (i.e. may 09 fixes).

Archived