Gibson Brands Forums

Sticky Tone and Volume Pots

Philo695

Hi my LP Standard 2008 has sticky and difficult to move volume and tone pots. I took it to my local Luthier who looked at it and said there was no access to the pots from the access point at the back as the pots seemed to be in sealed units, so he was unable to put in some lubricant to free them up in the normal way. Does anyone know how to lubricate the pots in this version of the LP or do I need to replace the pots.
Any advice and or help welcome.
Thanks

6 hours ago, Philo695 said:

Hi my LP Standard 2008 has sticky and difficult to move volume and tone pots. I took it to my local Luthier who looked at it and said there was no access to the pots from the access point at the back as the pots seemed to be in sealed units, so he was unable to put in some lubricant to free them up in the normal way. Does anyone know how to lubricate the pots in this version of the LP or do I need to replace the pots.
Any advice and or help welcome.
Thanks

Photos would help, but if a pro is telling you that, you think we know better? Or like when you see a doctor and don’t like the diagnosis, get a second opinion.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper