Gibson Brands Forums

nickleback

RichCI

I liked their wanna be a rock star tune the video was cool with the Billy Gibbons cameo. I bought their first Album' date=' liked a few of the tracks ( especially the bottom of every bottle one)[/quote']

"Bottom of A Bottle" is a song by Smile Empty Soul. They were a one hit wonder band.

I certainly don't like them' date=' but I really don't get the firey hatred that they recieve from most people, they don't suck THAT bad...

Now Theory of a Deadman, that's another story...[/quote']

Funny you mewntion Theory Of A Deadman; over half the songs on all of their albums are co-written with Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.

I voted love Nickelback. I know a lot of people dislike them, but the general statement that I always hear is that people are sick of them because they get palyed too much on the radio. I don't know about you, but when kids are big fans of a band, they usually join street teams, do all the team missions in helping to spread the word, calling radio stations to get a bands' song played. And than those same fans get pissy when 'their band' is known by more people. Pretty much everyone I know who doesn't like Nickelback or anyone I've encountered says the same thing, 'they get played too much and they're sick of them.' And I'm sorry saying 'because they suck isn't really a reason. Why does a band suck. A band doesn't suck, they're just not your cup of tea.

People mentioned the balls in this thread. They definatly have quite a few more mid-tempo songs as singles, but they also have a ton of heavier tunes as well that do get played live.

Archived