Gibson Brands Forums

Instructional You Tube version of Livin'

Rosewoody

This link was posted before by someone, I think on this board. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan, but this cover of Livin' on a Prayer is really good, and now there is a link to this Finnish cat's website that gives instructions on how to play the bad boy.

Great video, thanks for posting it. Also, I'd like to check out the link showing the tabs but I couldn't seem to find it. I'd like to see if I can pick up on this tune, probably minus that fast little lick he plays! I thought he was in an open tuning then recognized some of the chord shapes as standard, maybe a drop D? Anyway, great one.

http://www.tomipaldanius.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=33

I thought there was a link for the instructional website, but I couldn't find it either, so here it is. This will go to the intro, but you can go to home for the other parts of the song, all very well presented with patience and clarity.

Terry, the tuning is standard, and, as you will see, not difficult to grasp but very tough to execute. At least it is tough for me as my fingers pretty much do what they want.

Thanks, Rosewoody, I'll give it a look. I know what you mean about the fingers. Depending on the time of day, if I've been turning wrenches or something, my fingers can either be like willowy digits of grace or like kilbassas of fat! Good luck on this one!

Archived