Gibson Brands Forums

Old gibson Goldtop 60´s to 70´s need year/value

firesoul

I'm looking for the year and value of a Gibson goldtop deluxe guitar (mint condition). Has serial #00133320 on back. Any info would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks for your help!

My guess is the year 76 but i´m not really sure.

I have pictures i can mail if needed

Thanx In Advance

You are correct about the year, "00" is the code for 1976.

Value is determined by the market, try doing a search of actual sales prices (not asking prices) on e-bay and Craig's list. The vintage guitar guides, asking/advertised prices and appraisals are uselss in the REAL WORLD market. The ONLY prices that mean anything are what people are actually paying for them.

Okay 1976 it is. thanx for the quick reply :-) i will check craig´s list and ebay to find prices from the Real World...

i would still love if somebody had a slight idea if it is 2000 dollars or 4000 dollars or even more....well i´ll do some

research anyway....thanx L5Larry

I think for a '76 you'd be looking at between $2,500 to $3,250 in minty condition. If it was an earlier model (say 1969-71) then it could be more, maybe $3,500-$4,750.

Everyone is winge-ing about the ailing economy, but the fact is people still want to buy guitars - and anything minty clean that has not been frigged about with, will always command premium prices no matter what state the economic climate is in.

I hope this helps as a ballpark?

• 3 months later...
I think for a '76 you'd be looking at between $2' date='500 to $3,250 in minty condition. If it was an earlier model (say 1969-71) then it could be more, maybe $3,500-$4,750.

Everyone is winge-ing about the ailing economy, but the fact is people still want to buy guitars - and anything minty clean that has not been frigged about with, will always command premium prices no matter what state the economic climate is in.

I hope this helps as a ballpark?[/quote']I still want to buy guitars, but I can't, and YES it IS because of the economy!

When the economy is like it is now, it's really not a matter of NOT having the money for certain things (like guitars), it's about having to use that money on more important things (like necessities, i.e rent/house payments, car/insurance payments, etc). So, even though I've been SERIOUSLY gassing for a new Gibson LP, I won't be able to afford one for the foreseeable future.

It's getting to the point to where most people can't even afford USED guitars anymore! I've been trying to sell one of my guitars (my Strat) for an already ridiculously low amount, and people STILL try to talk down the price, to the point to where I would basically have to give it away! And that ISN'T going to happen!

Another factor is that, the number of vintage guitars in circulation is dropping dramatically (as it has been for years), and godd quality (well taken care of) LPs are almost non-existant, which in turn, drives the prices into the stratosphere!Now with the Deluxe, these prices are about right, but even then, you'd be suprized on how many people would PASS on one, even it's in PEREFECT condition.

Archived