Gibson Brands Forums

J45 BATTERY POUCH

cradlehall

Batteries are reasonably cheap when compared to the embarrassment of having one die in the middle of a performance. Just like with any wireless mic...Put a NEW one in before every performance.

If you don't like the pouch, install a battery clip in the neck block. Or you can use Velcro tapes.

The battery for my J45 is held in a pouch inside the soundhole.

How awkward is this?

I hope it never dies when I'm playing a gig!

Is this a design fault or is it just me!

cradlehall: Welcome,

The battery pouch is there to keep your battery safely secured.

You should change batteries at lest once a year, or more depending on your usage.

I change out my under saddle pickup for a Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup on one of my J-45's.

When battery gets low on power, a red light inside of guitar lets you know it time to change battery.

Sal

Thanks guys.

I have other electro-acoustics where the battery compartment is installed on the side of the guitar so the battery can easily be accessed and changed at any time.

With the battery pouch on the inside of the guitar, I cannot acess the battery without loosening or replacing all the strings.

I've already made up my mind to check the battery every time I change strings. This should avoid any embarrassing moments as I play live three afternoons every week as I never take a back-up guitar.

Archived