Gibson Brands Forums

Pignose G40v? Anyone have experience with this amp?

hellion102792

So a while back, I posted a thread asking about buying a Fender Blues Jr to replace my Marshall MG30 because I needed a louder/less muddy amp. Well, I tried one in GC and it just seemed to be... I don't know, lacking something. The other day I heard about an amp called the Pignose G40v, a 40 watt all-tube amp that supposedly is a great one. I found on on ebay, an upgraded model with some added switches and a new speaker, and with 2 days left it's only at $76. If I could grab this for under $200 or so, would it be worth it? Anyone have experience with this amp who can help me out? I play mostly classic rock/blues kinda stuff, through my SG with a P-90/HB setup. Would this be suitable for what I play?

I too am sorry that I'm unable to help you out here.

I did see a recent add for the Pignose G30 and the G40 but I can't remember where.

It seemed informative, but I just didn't have enough time to look it over.

Sorry. If I can find it I'll post it.

I too am sorry that I'm unable to help you out here.

I did see a recent add for the Pignose G30 and the G40 but I can't remember where.

It seemed informative' date=' but I just didn't have enough time to look it over.

Sorry. If I can find it I'll post it.[/quote']

Thanks, I think those are the battery powered models they are famous for. This one was like the only all-tube one they ever made, and I've read great reviews about it and from what I've seen on Youtube it sounds pretty good. I'm just looking for some personal testimonies.

Archived