Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Repairs in Atlanta?

bh3553

Hello all,

I bought a new SJ200 Western Classic about 5 years ago, and have had major problems with it since. The bridge has been partially separated from the body since purchase, although I was told that was "normal," and about 2 months after I bought it, a terrible buzz developed. It would come and go randomly for about a year, but no matter what the playing conditions (string gauge, humidity, etc.) I have never been able to mitigate the problem. Unfortunately, I became frustrated and went back to my Martin for all my playing needs. However, I think this tragedy has gone on long enough, and I'd like to get my baby repaired. I've just moved to Atlanta, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on an extraordinary acoustic repair shop in the area that might be able to do the repair (under warranty?). I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey there! I strongly recommend Tim Joy, @ Atlanta Guitar Works in Lilburn. He is a 'joy' to work with, and is used by several well-known guitarists in the area. He has done work for me in the past and have always been totally satisfied - he's a definite pro, and very reasonable. Here is a link for his site...

www.atlantaguitarworks.com

Archived