Gibson Brands Forums

IS ANYONE AT ALL UPSET OVER THE VALUE OF THIER GIBSON?

kulddy

=P~ You know thats so true. I just got mine back from gibson repair and restoration for a factory defective nut (slots not deep enough). And they polished it so beautifully I am almost afraid to play it (not really I have been through 13 sets of strings on it in the short time I have had it). But I got all the warranty paperwork (the internal cost for a new nut, fitted slotted and set up) is over $225.00 alone and they did a whole re-setup and intonation, lowered the action (kinda wished I would have paid for a lowering of the fret height, they are pretty high and a little rough on the slide). Yeah ya know all I wanted was a Gibson with a small stage space and a great look and fun to play. Now I got it back I love it, as does everyone that sees it or plays it (well the ones that hate it are LP purists and I'll never be one of those). I have considded selling some property and having a bonfire with purchased reissues, but I have to much respect for Gibson and their wonderful woodworks. Oh the tone is so raspy I decided to keep me '72 hardtop coupe kustom amp head and celestion 4x12 custom cabinet, my Line 6 Valve 212 is just too abrupt for it.

Love ya all and keep playin'

Wayne

Archived