Gibson Brands Forums

Of Toggles & Pauls

SilverLesterStd

Hi bretheren! Looking for opinions please. Reese had a short when switching to the rhythm pickup on his '07 Studio VM back in July. I took it to GC's tech, who made the prob. go away (w/o tell me what he did) for $27 or so. The problem came back a couple of weeks ago. The guy stood behind the work. Without knowing what he did (this time either), are there any recommendations to keep this from happening again so often? It is a big inconvenience, as well as somewhat a drag for Reese, since the last time it happened, he was playing with some pros at their gig.

I know I'm not giving much info, but I have little, myself. Any help is appreciated as usual.

SLS

It sounds like a switch replacement could do the trick. With time the contact points can wear out or stretch out leaving a short contact. You can manually "squish" the contacts back in to place, but you might squish to hard causing permanent contact.

So a new switch is better. If you know how to solder it shouldn't be to costly to do it yourself.

Archived