Gibson Brands Forums

Uploading to a Computer from a MP3 Recorder, Stumped

suburude63

I need help with this. I have an Olympus LS 10 dig recorder. It will play a file on my either windows media player or I tunes playeer . But ! for some reason I cannot get it to load the file onto my Library on windows media player library or I tunes library ?????????????

In order for me to get clips here I think thats what I have to do????

Help :) :-k :)

I need help with this. I have an Olympus LS 10 dig recorder. It will play a file on my either windows media player or I tunes playeer . But ! for some reason I cannot get it to load the file onto my Library on windows media player library or I tunes library ?????????????

In order for me to get clips here I think thats what I have to do????

Help #-o[biggrin][confused]

You need to get the files off the recorder to your PC. There are probably a couple ways to do this. I recommend just taking the card out of the recorder, putting it in your card reader and dragging the files over to your PC. Set up a dedicated folder for your recordings, or put them in with your other music.

Then, once they're copied to your computer, just drag them into the main iTunes window (should be the same for Media Player, but I dont use it, so I cant tell you for sure).

If its anything like any recorder I've used...1) first plug it into the computer via a USB cord or directly into the USB port. 2) From your computer, locate the file on the recorder. 3) Copy the file on your device. 4) Paste the copy to the Music file on your computer. 5) Remove the USB cord from your computer and/or the recording device. 6) Find the file in your Music file on your computer and rename it with the song's name. Then, click on it or right click on it and click Play (or Open) and it should open in Windows Media Player. With it playing in Windows Media Player, add it to your library. (It is also possible, depending on how your Windows Media Player is set, that Windows Media will have already automatically added it to your Library from your Music file (with the name given to it by the recording device and/or the renamed name you gave it.)

Hope this helps.

QM

Archived