Gibson Brands Forums

Penalties of the Lacey Act ie the one Gibson got "expletived" by.

Andre S

It may be bad, especially in this economy. I'll post relevance to Gibson, ie corporation consequences.

If the company knowingly participated in the illegal trade, $500 000 fine and forfeiture of goods.

For a false import declaration then, same as above, or a civil fine of $10 000

Unknowing trade, then a fine of $200 000 and forfeiture of goods.

The terms above have prison sentences stuck in. 5 years for the knowing trade and 2 years for the unknowing trade.

If they broke the law, they didn't get "expletived". If they broke the law, they "expletived" lots of things, not the least of which is the trust of folks who take their pledge to use only sustainable materials seriously.

If they didn't break the law, then they've got no problem.

At a minimum, it appears that the authorities were able to convince a judge that probable cause existed of a crime, hence the warrant - details of which are to be released later (according to the articles in the news.)

I hope it's a big misunderstanding - I really do.

If they broke the law' date=' they didn't get "expletived". If they broke the law, they "expletived" lots of things, not the least of which is the trust of folks who take their pledge to use only sustainable materials seriously.

If they didn't break the law, then they've got no problem.

At a minimum, it appears that the authorities were able to convince a judge that probable cause existed of a crime, hence the warrant - details of which are to be released later (according to the articles in the news.)

I hope it's a big misunderstanding - I really do. [/quote']

I hope so too. I would cry if Gibson went.....actually, I'd rather not say.

Archived