Gibson Brands Forums

No Pain,No Gain.

Lowdown

So my 7 year old son has just gotten his first blister after deciding to ditch the pick for for fingers.[cool] I tune to open G for him so he doesn't actually fret yet. Just stands or sits and strums away with me.

I'm proud as punch man,one of those true bonding moments that you dream of as a guitarist.

Funny as he always said he wanted to play the skins. The younger one was always the one who went straight for the guitar.

If it's in the blood,it's only naturally gonna come out sooner or later...[cool]

I wanna start mine down that road... My 5yr old isnt interested but the three year old is... He was strumming my acoustic this morning before we got up and I could here him singing too.....

Its almost a priceless moment like there first steps...

Regards..

Yeah. Music is always going on here since I'm in the mid of recording at the moment and even get them in on the act for little things. It's a great thing to have your kids down on tape/cd or whatever format is your deal these days. A piece of time that you can actually hold in your hand. I've always recorded people/things/events. For eg. at my youngest brothers' 21st birthday I played and gave him a recording I'd taken of him when he was 7. It blew him and everyone else away.

I also pieced together recordings of people from all over the world who participated in an online jam from another forum which was pretty cool too. I think it ended up being something crazy like 20 mins. long to I pulled the plug!

Maybe we should do something like that here?...

Archived