Gibson Brands Forums

Eagerly awaiting for my new Stratocaster Tremolo assembly

Riffster

So, after much consideration I decided to replace the stock tremolo assembly in my 2005 American Stratocaster.

My perception of a lot of bridges that Fender uses is that they look and feel "unfinished" to me I mean I understand the vintage style bridge and saddles but there is no reason the modern fulcrum style tremolo would be more improve than it is.

One thing I like about PRS guitars is their bridge sooo...I pulled the trigger and ordered a Mann Made USA Tremolo assembly in nickel finish.

Apparently this is the same company that makes PRS bridges, Mr. Mann is good friends with PRS. They make Stratocaster bridge that looks pretty beefy and altough I did not see the block on their website I read good things about them.

To my surprise it takes 2 weeks or so to get one so I have one more week to go. Once I get it I will post pre/post pics and see if I can explain the difference.

Here is the link:

http://www.mannmadeusa.com/Classic-Vibrato.html

If I had a vintage style tremolo probably I would have gone with Callaham.

The MannMade bridge looks very palm muting friendly with the round edges and the flat saddles.

The strange thing is that while other websites that sell boutique parts go into a wealth of details on their products MannMade does not say much about their products, I mean I don't even know the list of parts I am getting it just says "all needed hardware" I am sure it will all be there since they would have to assume you are building a guitar and need all parts and not just replacing a tremolo.

I wish I had ordered it sooner, I would have it by now.

Archived