Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas shopping

Silverbursted

Last night I was out doing some Xmas shopping and decided to stop by the Porsche dealer. I have been wanting a Porsche ever since I sold my Euro spec 88 911SC in 96. I initially was looking at the Boxter, but never really connected with it. They had the new Cayman sitting just a couple of rows over. I had never driven one of these before so the salesman offers up a test drive. So he goes and gets the dealer plate and a few minutes later we're off. We start off doing a twisty stretch of road doing about 60, then as we are coming to a 90 degree right hander, he tells me to move to the left lane, drop it into 3rd and hit the apex, and whatever you do, don't step on the brake!!! So I complied, and took the corner doing about 58 mph. Yea, I had an ear to ear grin on my mug by that time. Drove a little further and got on the freeway. He again tells me to wind her up. I was up to 105 mph in 4th gear at 5k before I realized it. Dropped it back to 65 and as I did, I see a photo zone ahead. Phew!!! I jumped off the freeway and headed back to the dealership. As I pulled in my son was standing there and saw the stupid grin on my face. So I got home last night and my wife asked me if I figured out what I would like for Xmas.

Hehehe, yea I have an idea.

Porsche2009-12-12at84009PM.png

Disclaimer: For Sheriff Joe and other members of AZ DPS, as far as you know, I really did not do 60 mph on a surface street or 105 mph on the freeway before the camera zone, and I had a terrible time driving this dog. :-k

Archived