Gibson Brands Forums

New or vintage???

Beelzebub

In the last few months.;I tried 3 guitars.;An awesome sounding 77 BB custom

However some idiot Put a switch right under the nek Pu+pickguard..leaving..when it was taken out 3 Big!!.;Dollarsized.;and pretty deep holes..It sounded great but to expensive

Then A 73 black beauty...With some issues.;Sounded really warm..clear agressive lovely..I send it back due to to many repairs/lies.from the seller

Then from musik haus herman..Great shop!!!!

I got a brand new custom..Silverburst..Stunning!!!!!Most beautifull guitar I have seen..However..it had some stringbuzz

set up was not done like promised.;So back it went.(Gibson told me..send it back!)

...However with Hermann.;I send it back cause GIBSON TOLD ME THAT THE FRETBUZZ COULD BE A REAL BIG Problem

it was not.;they sold it to someone else..I got a full refund..Well done Herman musick(e-bay)!!!!

And this is the thing

Not only did THE NEW Custom look great..the Action was superb in the end...and the sound

Well like a virgin about to be played for the very first time..

ready to take your instruction..And Blast you straight into Sonic Samadhi!

The Body Heavy+Full..The smell of.;finish...The Fantastic inlays..Case..

And the sound..Just as great as any vintage I heard.

Affter searching for a original Vintage..without sucses..Always.there are issues..especially on E-bay!!!!

I m really thinking of Buying A new Custom shop

I like loads of sustain..and play slow and heavy but also tender accoustic songs

My hands are pretty small

Can Anyone reccomend me a Custom?

I have max 2300 euro.

And of course like everyone.;i would like to buy one.;that kind of keeps its value...

Anyone..Knows very good shops cheap? in Europe?

And do you agree...? That the 2009 customs are real nice indeed..?

There is nothing.;like getting a new custom..Stunning

Another thing is..I like silverbursts......But..They seem to be the only custom that look better new..then when the finish wears of...?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I bet nobody made it through that first post. Any way to shrink this down to a sentence?

[scared][blink]#-o ......Original Post Dec 24th 2009......I'll shrink it down to a faux update;

" I keep sending Customs back due to this and that. Want goldburst on fretboard. Waresoff soon. Got new Custom,

played great so I sent back. Waiting to find another new Custom but no one will sell to me anymore. Are SGs good

as Customs ??? "

Archived