Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson GA-30RVS

Wilsdale

Hello anyone that might be able to help me...

My sons been using my amp at college and when I "finally" got it back as I brought him home for Christmas. I've found that my Reverb knob is broken off. I have searched the WEB to try and find a replacement part but to no luck...I'm not good with all the terms used, but the knob and any of the stem that you would turn is also gone.. I understand I'll have to replace the whole thing, including the knob itself. If anyone can help me I would be very thankful for your assistance.

Thank you,

Wilsdale

This is hardly going to be trivial.. you are going to have to get the schematic, find the part, which is probably a 500k or 1M audio taper pot, unsolder it and solder the new one in. You really need to drain the caps before you get in there. The knob is probably a standard chickenhead knob, available anywhere.

It's as simple as it gets for amp repair but that doesn't make it easy. I'm in CA so I can't help you but I'd probably charge 50 to do it, so at least you have something to base estimates on if you decide to let a pro do it. I am expensive, but that's because I don't want work :-)

Thanks for the indepth reply Dilapidus, if you dont mind me asking.. you have any clue where to take my amp in the Dallas area, to have this kind of thing done? Do I look on-line for tube amp repair shops? Oh and BTW, the 3 knobs on this amp are the Gold ones.. I thought my son had lost the one that's broken but he actually had it and I now have it in MY hands (never to leave again..lol) So I have the knob... thank you for any more imput you may have.. Wilsdale

• 4 weeks later...

Archived