Gibson Brands Forums

Deep Machine: I found this band refreshing.

Riffster

Went to a pizza place in Murfreesboro, TN just south of Nashville a few months ago to see a friend's band play.

While we were having dinner I was approached by a few college kids at different times as I was the only person over 20 years old in there at that time, they all asked if I was coming to see Deep Machine, I said no. Each of them told me they were a really good local band and they were awesome.

Well, they set up first before my friend's band and started jamming away with this song, A Pebble in the Pond, I was blown away in that I was not at all expecting such young kids to play like this or even identify this mix of styles.

Anyway it was cool, refreshing, different and unexpected especially live. Check them out, listen to the entire song so you see the changes.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Same here, actually the video does not make justice as to how good they sound live with a few beers and a bunch of screaming college kids in front of them.

They are an instrumental band too, I am not sure they could fit in a singer unless they write other kind of stuff.

I remember thinking is this Western/Surf meets Pink Floyd? it was strange but I definitely liked it my wife did too.

Archived