Gibson Brands Forums

New Ric 330

cookieman15061

Thanks Cookieman.

I am the 2nd owner.

I worked with the original owner.

He got it 1961 in LA and he played while in college. Real toga parties!

I was flying with him on a 4 day trip and he didn't remember the model . Just "it was a Rickenbacker, kinda orange/reddish color " he said.

He had stopped playing after he graduated. The Guitar sat in the original case for many many years. I bugged him about it ,that IT needed to be played and he offered it to me free since I did play .I convinced him it was "worth something" and I made an offer site unseen. I drove him home after the trip all the while thinking it might be a 325 [cool] . When I saw it and the pristine condition after 40 or so years I almost broke my arm reaching for my wallet!... The OHSC even had the skinny 50ish Rickenbacker guitar strap...truely a "closet find". I took it home not even knowing what model it was . I plugged it in to my Music Man 212/265 and wow what a great sound. Every thing was working great like it was suddenly 1961. I called the Rickenbacker Factory and with their help got model figured out. Its not as 'collectible' as the hollow body Ric of that era but it IS rare. I love playing it. Oh I Paid $150.00 he wouldn't take any more for it that was about 10 years ago.

Rickenbacker-1.jpg

Archived