Gibson Brands Forums

LS6-s Serial NUmbers

stormcharger

I have a couple of good references on Gibson serial numbers. Since the six-digit numbers from the 60's & 70's are such a mess, you'll need to provide more data to get any accurate information.

There was a certain era in which Gibson made the L-6S, what was it?

Photos are always good, as specific features change on Gibson models during their run.

Potentiometer codes are always helpful. The seven-digit number that probably starts with 137 is found on the back of the pot can.

I have owned four L6S Gibsons over the years and all had the clear decal with gold serial number applied to the back of the headstock that was used from 1975 - 77. They probably made some before and after those dates as well which would have had impressed serial numbers. Photos would help. They have very hot ceramic pickups and Carlos Santana endorsed them for awhile in the 70s.

I have a couple of good references on Gibson serial numbers. Since the six-digit numbers from the 60's & 70's are such a mess' date=' you'll need to provide more data to get any accurate information.

There was a certain era in which Gibson made the L-6S, what was it?

Photos are always good, as specific features change on Gibson models during their run.

Potentiometer codes are always helpful. The seven-digit number that probably starts with 137 is found on the back of the pot can.[/quote']

Great, I will new photos on Mon as my camera is not working.

Best Wishes,

Marty

I have owned four L6S Gibsons over the years and all had the clear decal with gold serial number applied to the back of the headstock that was used from 1975 - 77. They probably made some before and after those dates as well which would have had impressed serial numbers. Photos would help. They have very hot ceramic pickups and Carlos Santana endorsed them for awhile in the 70s.

Yes indeed, the HUM's are VERY hot!

Thanks

Marty

Archived