Gibson Brands Forums

Lefty Gibsons in UK Edinburgh store

Lefty Guy

I popped into my favourite UK guitar store, GuitarGuitar in Edinburgh, yesterday as I had some time to kill before my flight home.

As always they had a nice selection of quality lefties on offer, with several low & mid-range Taylors & Martins, a really nice Moon RD3 Dreadnought, plus a standard Gibson J-45 & a Hummingbird, which was what I wanted to try.

I was a bit disappointed by the Hummingbird, which was the first lefty I've ever found to try. It looked cool, assuming you like bling, but there was too much surplus glue visible inside the body & orally it wasn't a patch on the J-45 to my ears, almost muted by comparison. Playing the J-45 just reminded me of why I bought my own a few years back....I really think they're the best all-rounder guitar around. The Moon was terrific too, but a different animal, very loud with a veritable "bark" but well balanced & aesthetically beautifully finished.

The store is staffed by a really nice team of guys & well worth a visit if you're in the area (in between Edinburgh city centre & airport).

I'll second that about GuitarGuitar in Edinburgh. The staff are a bunch of really helpful guitar enthusiasts and have tolerated my madcap whims and caprices over the years with great humour and patience.

That's where I bought my Keb Mo recently......

Pete

Archived