Gibson Brands Forums

American VI: Ain't No Grave

pohatu771

For those who aren't aware, Johnny Cash's final album will be released next Tuesday. The single (Ain't No Grave) is available now.

I've heard the album, beginning-to-end, several times now, and it's quite good. It's Rick Rubin all the way, of course, which you may or may not like. I'm doing a retrospective of his work up through his death tonight on my show, and playing the album straight-through for the second hour.

It isn't as strong as the earlier albums, of course, but it's a good album. It opens with the single, which is probably the best track on the album, and ends with Aloha Oe, which is a touching "good-bye" from one of the great artists of our time.

If you're a fan, there's no way you can pass it up. If you're not, don't bother, I suppose.

I'd like to go to the HOG midnight album release party they have every week to get a copy (on vinyl)' date=' but the odds of me driving to Irondequoit at midnight on a Monday are pretty slim.[/quote']

Bummer, I can relate. It would be even further for me. How many copies are they releasing on vinyl?

Archived