Gibson Brands Forums

Gypsy Jazz

Oubaas

Question: Who makes the best Selmer-Maccaferri knockoff, specifically the Modele Jazz, and what are brands fall within the "acceptable" parameters? I've played the Gitane John Jorgensen and thought it sounded like a cardboard box strung with fishing line.

Bonus Question: What brand and model of guitar did Sean Penn play in Woody Allen's "Sweet and Lowdown". I know it was the big D-hole type.

Super Bonus Question: What guitar did Howard Alden use when he did the real playing for "Sweet and Lowdown"?

Answer all three, and all your negative karma will be erased and you'll reincarnate as a Bodhisattva!

Cheers!

Rick...[confused]

Bonus question answer (this took some finding): 1998 Maurice Dupont MC-50 12-fret D-hole in Cognac finish. For a new one in today money you're looking at $4237.62 MSRP in USD$.

When is Gibson going to introduce a gypsy jazz model? How about a Southern Gypsy? Or a Gypsy Dove?

Now that I've answered that question, I'm afraid you'll all have to remain strapped to the karmic wheel. Sorry. You'll just have to live with the possibility of coming back to face all the stuff you failed at this time. Probably with the same people. Or maybe you'll come back as a snail in the kitchen of a French restaurant. I don't know how it works, really...

Cheers!

Rick...[cool]

Archived