Gibson Brands Forums

Fambly jam

Cruznolfart

Had our boys over today along with B's 3 young'ns. Gramma took the urchins under her wing and did her typical thing, captivating young hearts and feeding young bodies. The boys and I retired to the multi-purpose building and did some bass lessons and other male stuff. While I had them there, B shot a pic of all the fiddles lined up in the corner. It's always a kick for me to have so many instruments out and being played. Great fun.

3Basses.jpg

Is that one of them thar new fandangled flight-simulator stereo's' date='I see on the bench Cruzn:-k [/quote']

LOL! Good spot, LD, 560 watts of supersonic tuneage, ready to taxi! That plays the cds we jam to, it's all piped through the mixer. If you look above the Sheraton II you'll see the ends of a pair of air-horns that were once on a 1947 Greyhound Bus. Very LOUD! Hard to work 'em into a song. [biggrin]

Nice collection-:)

How'd you manage to get them out of everyone's hands to take the picture?

If you look above the Sheraton II you'll see the ends of a pair of air-horns that were once on a 1947 Greyhound Bus. Very LOUD! Hard to work 'em into a song. :P

You could always incorporate this song into your play list. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1c4QZGQw5o[/YOUTUBE]

Nice collection-[lol]

How'd you manage to get them out of everyone's hands to take the picture?

You could always incorporate this song into your play list. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1c4QZGQw5o[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks' date=' Steve. We were taking a little break and thought they all looked so nice we needed a pic. No one had a camera handy so we used a phone. (what a world!) :-

[i']Little Nash Rambler[/i] was a hit when I was a kid. Matter of fact, I can remember when Nash Rambler was a sponsor of the Disney television show back in the early 50's. If you grew up back then, you'd remember Ramblers as not being regarded as performance vehicles...high or low. LOL! So the notion of a little Nash Rambler outgunning a Caddy (or anything else), in SECOND GEAR, no less, was very tongue-in-cheek. Thanks for the clip, great memories. [biggrin]

Cruzn'.. I ain't that much younger than you (I don't recall the Disney show). I remember them well. My Hagstrom playing buddy's old man bought Nash-es throughout the 50s and 60s. My Father, in one of his more questionable automotive deals, sold a 1955 chevy-v8, in 1965, to an older kid on our block (for 90 FARGIN' dollars[crying] [biggrin][blush] I was 2 years away from my drivers license and mighty PISSED O:):-# ) He went and bought a 1965 Rambler American 440. It's a good thing they didn't use my pop's Rambler for the song, the first time he used the horn the ring broke off the steering wheel and the horn shorted out. (My reaction was smiley-pointandlaugh.gif -- His reaction a589958-127-smiley35.gif?d=1126736693

Archived