Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Nighthawk 2009 Limited Run

doublecutjr

I picked one of these up back in late December and let me tell you, this is an outstanding piece. The finish was flawless and I was told that they were indeed built in the custom shop. I love the thin 60's style neck; it has binding as well. I've never been a P-90 fan so out it comes replaced with a Dimarzio P-90 Tone Zone and the bridge has been replaced with a Gibson 500 T, I love ceramic magnets. A nice feature of this guitar is the position that Gibson put the toggle switch, up where a LP would be. The rosewood fingerboard is splendid and the weight of this guitar is a tad over 5 lbs. I'm not 100% done yet with the custom work but it should be finished in a few weeks. It would have been nice to have a pick guard but thatwould cover the AAA flame which is beautiful. They say the run is supposed to be 350 and it does come with a COA and a nice Gibson HSC. So far it's very impressive. I give it a big thumbs up!!! I like the Tran Amber finish but would have preferred a burst of a sort or better yet, gold top. Check them out if you get the opportunity. They still have a few left floating around the internet!!

Archived