Gibson Brands Forums

Hum from traditional ?????

DaddyO

Hey all ! I've got a problem. I've got an 08 traditional which hums; to the distracting point, when played on the bridge or neck pickup. In the middle position it is much better but still not as quiet as it should be. I have other humbucker guitars that are dead silent on my amp so i don't think that's the problem. The other day i was playing around with it trying to get the women tone and noticed when the tone pots were put to zero the guitar was dead silent. Turned back up and the guitar hummed. The ground wire seems fine as does all the other wiring as far as i can see. Can't return it as i got it second hand. I wouldn't want to return it anyway as other than the hum the guitar is a playa' no doubt ! I know i can bring it to a tech but i like to work on my guitars and hoped someone might have some idea's as to what i might be able to do ? Thanks !

yeah man i'm no tech either but i guess i might have to brake down and go to one. the guitar is well worth keeping, plays like butter with no buzzes anywhere and the pu's sound great underneath that hum !

Archived