Gibson Brands Forums

Recording Arts Program

Artie Owl

Recording Arts at NSCC

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've finished my BA, and can't decide what I want to do next. I was thinking I'd like to learn a skill/trade in the recording arts for music/videogames/live tv etc, and the community college here (which is lygit, it's been around for decades) has a program for just that.

Is there anyone here who took a similar course and is now employed in the field? What kind of advice can you offer, what are you working on now? I'd like to have a skill I could work at that I LIKE doing instead of hocking cell phones, or whatever other crap job while working on some other degree or the likes. Who knows maybe I'll enjoy recording arts enough and that would be my career.

Anyone?

No idea, but take it from a guy who studied Finance & Banking Administration, only to become a decent Accountant:

You're thinking very wisely. Choose something to do that feels FUN to you and you will enjoy doing it. It's not that you will end up being good at it. It's that it will make your everyday life and your routine happier. And that counts A LOT!

Good luck.

Yeah, I know what you're saying man, I know that audio engineers are required in anything recorded, and videogames and music are my two past times/hobbies, it'd be a good way to mix them I think. I'm still hoping for input from someone who's in the field too.

Archived