Gibson Brands Forums

Battery Charge process not working...?

Drdamski

• 2 years later...

I went with the new Tronical tuners on mine and all is much better. The battery just pops out and can be charged separate and you can have an extra battery ready to pop in. No more MCK with ribbon cables and I now can use a solid tail piece without the ceramic inserts for better sustain. The whole works is in the headstock now.

I know it's an old thread, but decided to try anyway. Have an SG Robot (the one with the MCK dial). Put on a new set of strings and it's charged, but not tuning. White LCD Peg is flashing, which I read means there is a short somewhere. Checked the strings and they all seem short enough to cause that. Any suggestions what else it could be?!

I know it's an old thread, but decided to try anyway. Have an SG Robot (the one with the MCK dial). Put on a new set of strings and it's charged, but not tuning. White LCD Peg is flashing, which I read means there is a short somewhere. Checked the strings and they all seem short enough to cause that. Any suggestions what else it could be?!

Make sure string ends at tuning pegs do not touch a nearby string.

• 2 years later...

Oh my o my,

my 1.st prod. run 2007 Les Paul Robot makes me crazy; if it's in case for a week or two, it makes a blue circle going round-and-round and won't take recharge but with hours of work and good luck.

Please help how to proceed when it goes like that...

Chargerbox has a solid red light, charger is 12V/2A, tried it also with 12V/1,5A.

cheers,

timo

p.s. I removed a while ago battery, it's charged ok (2.6V), checked wires also. Everything is ok, BUT BLUE WIRE is not going anywhere, it's loose ? Should it ?

I have no diagram, so it's a mystery...

• 4 years later...

I recently replaced my dark fore battery, for the one on tronicle’s website. I’m also having charging issues. Basically it won’t charge. So I have purchased https://gbr.grandado.com/products/2pcs-1300mah-7-4v-ia-bp80w-bp80w-dste-camera-battery-charger-for-samsung-sc-dx103-vp-d381-vp-d382-vp-dx100i-vp-dx105i?variant=36508397338773 with a higher mAh battery https://gbr.grandado.com/products/2pcs-1300mah-7-4v-ia-bp80w-bp80w-dste-camera-battery-charger-for-samsung-sc-dx103-vp-d381-vp-d382-vp-dx100i-vp-dx105i?variant=36508397469845 which I will charge separately the. Add to my darkfire when I play. 

not sure what’s causing the charge issues but after 2 days it should be holding some charge and still just 2 red bars flashing. This morning it won’t even tune so I’m guessing the battery is too dead to do so. Can’t wait for the new charger and battery arrive to see if that helps. 

• 2 years later...

I just purchased a 2007 gibson robot les paul, it's brand new, never been played, the seller just took it out of the original box. I got it and began to charge it as the manual says, but when it pull out the MCK no lights flash, I have the orignal changer and ac power adapter but when I plug in the power unit it lashes red, green and blue, then flashes red, then to steady red, but the MCK does not light up, what is the problem?