Gibson Brands Forums

Back to slopin

zeebee

Couple of months back I picked up a Santa Cruz adi/hog VJ after being without a slope for a year......top is opening up nice after a hundred hours or so and its giving me the nice woody Gibson tone. Some of you may remeber Dan Roberts from the early '90's before he became the shop foreman for Cruz.....he brought some good roots to the VJ project and the Gibby influence is very much there. Heres a pic of the oldest having his turn:

DSCF0966.jpg

Thanks KL..has a 1 3/4" nut and nice thick roundish neck.First mahogany I've owned that prefers a serving of P/B's over 80/20's...maybe the adi thing dunno but it play easy and has all the bass one would desire even with the light strings. Mids are smooth and trebles sparkle and sustain. A great all around geet. A buddy loves it for blues .

She's a beaut zeebee! I don't think I have picked up and played a SCGC guitar and not fallen in love, but with all my trading over the last couple years, I have found my lifelong "keepers" for the most part and "I got to stick to the ones that brought me" so to speak. If I had available funds for a new addition, Santa Cruz would most definatly be on my short list. LOVE THAT BURST!!!

PS... Your oldest kind of reminds me of Curt Cobain playing a guitar...... (Keep him away from Courtney Love!) [biggrin]

Archived