Gibson Brands Forums

Dinner Tonight

Californiaman

I'm not exaggerating when I say tonight was a good dinner.

Appetizers: Barbecued Sweet Breads and Linguicia with Roasted Red Bell Peppers

Dinner: Artichokes, Zucchini, Potatoes, Barbecued Tri-Tip, Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs, Garlic Bread, and home made Santa Maria Style Salsa.

Dessert: Santa Maria Grown Strawberries dipped in Milk Chocolate.

I can hardly move I'm so full.

Can't remember when I've eaten this well.:D

Cali...

Sounds good - 'specially the ribs.

My little brother & wife; and his oldest - who just turned 40 - plus wife and two boys were at my Mom's here. Pretty staid in comparison. Ham, garlic mashed potatoes, candied yams, pea salad and some other salads... fried asparagus... ending up with a chocolate cake with strawberry frosting. <grin>

That was more than 6 hours ago and I'm still feeling stuffed!

m

Thats one thing I love about Easter. My aunt always makes family dinner. (It's fun having a professional caterer as an aunt [cool] )

She had her whole kitchen full of food. Her kitchen is industrial size. Two industrial sized stoves and ovens, a grill built into the counter and the whole nine. If I tried to list all the food she made I'd be here for two days. [-(

With the exception of the zucchini, potatoes, and steamed artichokes (reheated and basted with butter on the grill), everything was done on the open pit this afternoon. Not your traditional Easter meal, but every bit a winner. Nothing like oak wood barbecue smoke for flavor crystals.

With the exception of the zucchini' date=' potatoes, and steamed artichokes (reheated and basted with butter on the grill), everything was done on the open pit this afternoon. Not your traditional Easter meal, but every bit a winner. Nothing like oak wood barbecue smoke for flavor crystals.[/quote']

God I LOVE stuff cooked on an fire. I'm a vegetarian, so there it's a little harder to find stuff thats good on the fire. But you can't beat it.

Archived