Gibson Brands Forums

Gibsson super200

custom clive

:-s[cool][blush][bored]:-s :-s :-s :-s Hi Any of you gibson guys have an opinion on the gibson super200 that you could buy from Fullers ,I think you still can maybe ! I have one but wondered how it shaped up to the J200 vintage for instance as it has a cutaway ,does that make any difference to the tone? I havn"t heard a lot of talk about them but its a real nice guitar But The only one i"ve ever played

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]:-s :-s :-s Hi Any of you gibson guys have an opinion on the gibson super200 that you could buy from Fullers ' date='I think you still can maybe ! I have one but wondered how it shaped up to the J200 vintage for instance as it has a cutaway ,does that make any difference to the tone? I havn"t heard a lot of talk about them but its a real nice guitar But The only one i"ve ever played[/quote']

Have now got 2 Epi J200s..

One blonde and cutaway the other sunburst

They sound identical and both are great for £300 odd quid.

Regarding the real thing doesn't the J200 cutaway Gibson have a vile pickguard? It would almost stop me from buying one but as I am still seekinga SB SJ200 TV I wouldn't got near the cutaway anyway!

Thanks Johnt and Onewilyfool for your quick replies, When I bought my first Gibson in 1961 I wanted a new guitar to begin my career,so I bought a S G Les Paul with a Bigsby on, I guess it would be considered as "Traditional " now but at the time I didn"t want an "old" guitar ( I was 16) and the S G was cutting edge design so I was so proud to own it and perform with it The headstock of the guitar carried the now famous "custom diamond" as does the Super200 acoustic that I now own,the pickgaurd also has the same design on it ,Gibson have proudly used the crest for 60 years or so ,I hope it"s not now considered as "Vile" I think The Gibson luthiers up in Montana would be most dissapointed to hear it described as such after completing a days work making a custom shop masterpiece . My question was really about "Sound" so thanks again to you both.

Archived