Gibson Brands Forums

Fuller's Guitar-- '42 Southern Jumbo Reissue

Hawkcity

I've been gassing for a Southern Jumbo for awhile; but, I just can't justify the cash right now for a vintage one. Has anyone played the '42 Reissue from Fuller's Vintage Guitars? I located one but the seller knows little about the topwood, specs, etc. The price is reasonable--unfortunately I'm in Georgia and the guitar is in California.

Ted

2008 Master Archetype AJ

2001 Martin D-18GE

All I know about them is that they had rosewood back and sides. They were a very limited run so there are not too many around.

Ya might take a look at the Woody Guthrie SJ. Although I ain't a fan of onboard electronics, the couple I have played were both pretty darn nice guitars.

"Ya might take a look at the Woody Guthrie SJ. Although I ain't a fan of onboard electronics, the couple I have played were both pretty darn nice guitars."

I Agree with Zombywoof. I have a Woody Guthrie and just love it to death."Pretty darn nice indeed"

The Woody Guthrie looks awful nice and the reviews are great--I just have a hard time accepting on board electronics. I have got an offer out on a '58 SJ with some issues. It has been played hard with a lot of cosmetic damage bordering on neglect; back, sides, and top are straight with no cracks. It has a reglued bridge and fingerboard divots on the first four frets. The guitar is out now with a luthier having a loose brace reglued and the divots filled. The seller is a long time dealer of vintage guitars and mandolins in Virginia and appears upstanding. I await pictures on the divot fill before I pull the trigger--48 hour approval period offered.

Ted

In beautiful South Georgia

Archived