Gibson Brands Forums

jimmy page was the reason steve vai picked up guitar...

S t e v e

Did ya read about the last time he played the song Steve? A cheerleader threw up all over Vai' date=' lol. He is a great guitar player and I would consider him a master; but even his stuff is getting boring to me; so sad. What he needs to do is to work with a vocalist or do his own. Do you have the Live at Astoria? I love both Hendrix tunes especially when he starts singing; he has a decent voice.[/quote']

hey jocko!, i noticed that steve didn't play the solo it was that oranthi bird, maybe he plays the second part? makes a change to see him sitting with an acoustic on his lap eh?, i do have the astoria dvd and i was also at that gig [biggrin]

I love those Lasers on his fingers and the blue lights on the Jem. Great stuff there.

jocko' date=' i saw a magazine ad at around the time steve performed that for something called "fret lights"...as i saw it you could send your guitar tho this company and they would install these blue led's in place of your position markers to have the fret board light up!, do you remember anything about this? [cool

Archived