Gibson Brands Forums

what's my S-1 worth?

moomey

I am wondering what my Gibson S-1 is worth. Is there another place in the forums I should direct my question?

I took it to a shop they said the wiring and pickups needed about 200$ worth of work. I looked around on the internet and if it were in excellent condition i think its value it supposed to be around 850-1050. However it is not in excellent condition. It needs the repairs. There is a chip at the bottom of the pickguard. its missing the truss rod cover. it has not it's original tuning keys. it has a repaired neck... is a good repair though.. neck is very straight. but the big thing is the finish was removed at some point and the body was stained with wood stain, and not a very good job at that.

it is still with its original case which is still very functional.

I don't know how much to take off for the fact that it is a little restoration project. It wouldn't take much. It is a rare guitar. Anyways... i'm hoping its worth around 500-600? Am i crazy? I have a link that shows more photos of it here. mac gallery of my s-1 gibson What do you all think?

web.jpg?ver=12716386750001

Archived