Gibson Brands Forums

recommendations

Hthomas

well back in my days of study and school and such would lead me to tell you to take the speaker line out of a 50 watt amp and jam that into

the 5 watt and see what type sound or smoke signals come off that *****............yeah......need me a snausage pizza !..........um yeahhhhhh

.........OHHHHHHHHH ........well then what your gonna want to do is .........run a 50 watt amp into a 5 watt amp into a 100 watt amp .........

..............and give me a good clean signal and you will pass my course.......

If you don't like the amp's sound as it is, then no pedal in the world will magically fix that. Pedals are great for doing something the amp doesn't, like getting more distortion, or add versatility to a one channel amp, or getting some distortion going on a no master level amp without blowing your ears and so on. But you are still playing through that amp, and what ever the pedal does will be coloured by the amp.

..............Say what now SHO ?' date=',,,................that is not true ...............you can model the sound and adjust it for any amp......and such ......[/quote']

Depends on what his problem with the amps sound is, and what he wants the pedal to do. Every amp has a voice of it's own and that will still be its voice with a pedal in front of it. If he just want more distortion, sure that can be fixed with a pedal. Want more flexibility? Sure, that can be fixed. But if you don't like the way the amp sounds as a whole, I think you're wasting your time adding pedals to it.

My rule is, use pedals to add to the sound, not to fix it. If you have other experiences, do share them.

Depends on what his problem with the amps sound is' date=' and what he wants the pedal to do. Every amp has a voice of it's own and that will still be its voice with a pedal in front of it. If he just want more distortion, sure that can be fixed with a pedal. Want more flexibility? Sure, that can be fixed. But if you don't like the way the amp sounds as a whole, I think you're wasting your time adding pedals to it.

My rule is, use pedals to add to the sound, not to fix it. If you have other experiences, do share them.[/quote']

+1, if you don't like the sound, don't get it. Pedals can add to the sound, but it won't "change the sound" per say.

I have not played on the 100 watt Blackheart head, but I really like the 5 watt. Cool amps, well built for the money

Archived