Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Recomendations

RayLibby

I recently purchased an Epi '58 reissue Explorer. I want to replace the bridge pickup and try something new. My favorite pickups are- Les Paul with Burstbucker Pros, SG with Gibson 498t, Ibanez metal guitar with Seymour Duncan JB. The only pickup I have tried that I don't really care for is SD Pearly Gates, just sounded thin to me. So obviously I like hotter pickups. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray

I have a set of P Rail's in one of my e/2's and I am very impressed by the variety of tones I can get using the push pull pots and switch. From a mid pup strat sound to serious balls since in bucker mode, the put out almost as much DC resistance as an X2N. The P-90 tones are awesome for 70s and 80s stuff

Thanks e/2, I will definitely be trying one, it's really great to hear your review. I didn't know they exist. I just sold my only guitar that had P-90s and I'm kind of missing it. I'm thinking it would go with my SG and put my 498t on the Explorer. BTW, it looks like you are in Explorer heaven, very cool!

Ray

Archived