Gibson Brands Forums

Where To Get Tortoise Shell Pickguards And Truss Rod Covers?

watchunglava

so who makes the best. i have a 94 gibson custom acoustic . came with a cheeper thin plastic tortoise shell guard , and cheap plastic black truss rod cover. Who makes really nice stuff that i can replace these with? A matching set would be nice.

i emailed greven because they don't have truss rod covers on their page but they say they can make whatever custom. so, we will see what they say.

here are a few picture's of the guitar. im taking it over to a luthier in mass, to have a bone saddle and nut made as well .whom is a journeyman graduate of the galloup school of lutherie. i got the hook up so . he is supposed to be one of the best around these parts at least. no decent shops in maine .

that's a 1994 gibson rio dreadnought only 150 made . sick woods right , girl has tone. what do you think about the tortoiuse shell truss cover. it would flow good right ? im torn about replacing the pickguard, but then im like the stock pickguard it the biggest peice of **** . i don't know, but i definatly think the truss cover to mathc the pickguard would look hot on this guitar. (whats with the blank cover? thing retailed for like $4k in 94)

Picture125.jpg

gibson2.jpg

gibson3.jpg

gibson.jpg

greven informed me they don't make truss rod covers as the material is only ment for pickguards' date=' and not stand alone items. so next?[/quote']

Surely there is enough scrap from making a pick guard to make one truss rod cover.

Archived