Gibson Brands Forums

Why nothing to specify the CS-336's identity?

PP_CS336

I don't know if any of you other CS-336 owners ever wondered about this or not. I'm not even sure if Gibson has

even thought about this...Have you noticed that unlike most of the other Gibson guitars, there's nothing on the CS-336

itself to really identify it as such. Most Gibson hollow body or semi-hollow body guitars have a sticker on the inside of the

lower f-hole that identifies the type-model of the guitar. Or other Gibson electric guitars had the model engraved on

the TRC (Truss Rod Cover). The CS-336 has a CS as part of it's Serial Number, but nowhere on the guitar itself does

it identify the guitar's type model. The only place you see CS-336 at all is on the Certificate of Authenticity. I just thought

that was kind of peculiar. Anybody else have thoughts on that?[blink]

I know I had a short panic when the guitar I FINALLY picked out - the 336 vs a 339 and a 335 - did not have the orange label...luckily there were 2 so I realized that was the way it was supposed to be.

jmg257' date=' Thanks for your response. I was able to write a short note to Gibson Customer Service and here was their

reply. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing and your reply as well as theirs seems to

signify that this is normal for this particular model. I just find it strange that Gibson would do this.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Gibson. The serial number is consistant with a CS-336 plain-top with vintage sunburst finish which was built in late 2008 and shipped to a dealer in New York state in November of 2008. Everything you mention is consistent with the features of the instrument with that serial number which shipped from the Nashville Custom Shop. Thanks.

Best regards,

Bob Burns

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

service@gibson.com

Hey CS336 - you're in Newburgh too?!? I didn't put 2 and 2 together when you mentioned getting your 336 from Alto/Middletown in an earlier post.

I got my 336 from Wappingers Falls just last weekend...they had an 08 also. My B-I-L and I are planning another run over there tomorrow - he needs a pedal, and I am always willing to check out the latest gack!

Archived