Gibson Brands Forums

another request to help identify a guitar

dori

hi all - and thanks in advance for your help.

as far as i can tell, this is a 1965 based on the serial number - 269031

pardon my ignorance as i just started playing guitar. this one belongs to a friend who also knows nothing about it - it was given to her by her brother years ago.

the entire guitar, top and all, is dark, dark wood. if a picture is necessary i'll get back to ya tomorrow on it.

thanks!

dori

ok - here are some pics.

the guitar was covered in dust when she handed it to me. the strings are pretty dead (and this is NOT my string job - why do people do this, anyway?) but i'm about to take care of all of that. the action on this one's a little lower than my other guitar, tho my other guitar, currently at least, sounds a million times better (and it ain't a gibson, sadly).

gibson1.jpg gibson2.jpg gibson3.jpg gibson4.jpg

Hello, I have an LG-0 as well. I don't think they are known as "tone monsters" necessarily (ladder braced, plastic bridge, etc) but they definitely are fun and great pieces of history. That one looks like it has the plastic bridge which they started putting on the Lg0's in '62 I think. The have small bodies and mine has a really thin neck, good for beginners with small hands. The lg's were student models and the 0 was the cheapest flat top Gibson made at the time. I love guitars that are covered in dust! You are lucky. Looks like it is all original, even the tuners. A lot people change out the plastic bridge for a rosewood one and that is supposed to help out in the tone department significantly, so I am told. I haven't put one on mine yet but it will be done soon. Did that one have an original case with it? If so then wow! What a find. Mine didn't. An all original one with a case would probably be worth somewhere in the $400-500 range, I would think. Maybe a little more? Who cares, throw some strings on there and make that little LG0 sing!

ok - here are some pics.

the guitar was covered in dust when she handed it to me. the strings are pretty dead (and this is NOT my string job - why do people do this' date=' anyway?)

gibson2.jpg

cause it looks makes the guitar lookin gnarly and badass!

Archived