Gibson Brands Forums

Help with my hummingbird.

steven peoples

Hello friends this is my first post here. I have a question about a gibson ive got from a friend, and was wondering if any of you guitar gurus out there could help me ID what quality of guitar this might be. Here is what i can tell you about it.

It's a hummingbird made in nashville or bozeman not sure serial number 90549038 sunburst in color. I would like to buy this guitar from my buddy but i have no idea what its worth. There is a pic up now as my profile pic is the guitar in question. thanks

If you like the sound go for it! Forget the exterior and listen to it. This might sound blasphemous but just because its a gibson it doesn't mean a thing. It's all about your preference. If you like another guitar go for it. Martin, Taylor, Breedlove... it's your thing. I've played breedloves that sounded better than some gibsons. But beware of the bridge doctor. I've found that can make a beautifully made guitar sound more than a touch tinny.

According to Guitar Dater, your serial number shows ( http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx )

Your guitar was made at the

Bozeman Plant , MA, USA

February 23rd, 1999

Production Number: 38

Value is tough without knowing exactly what model it is, and having some good pics; also a description of its condition and how you think it sounds and plays would help. Having said that, a very rough ballpark guess, for used, depending on the model and the shape its in - $1400 to $2300.

Archived