Gibson Brands Forums

Public Enemies

TommyK

I watched this movie at my son's place. I have a question to gun experts.

When Melvin Purvis took his last bead on Pretty Boy Floyd, they show a close up of Purvis's trigger finger. He first pulls a rear trigger, with no discharge, then pulls the forward trigger and puts Floyd down. It did not appear to be a double barrel scatter gun. Purvis had a belt bristling with high powered rifle ammo.

What was this rear trigger?

I haven't seen the movie.

A double set trigger is possible. Pulling one trigger would "set" the other trigger to a very, very light "pull" for greater accuracy - usually for more distant shots.

That's somewhat common on certain types of rifles. But as I said, I haven't seen the movie so I couldn't say with certainty.

m

A double set trigger is possible. Pulling one trigger would "set" the other trigger to a very' date=' very light "pull" for greater accuracy - usually for more distant shots.

That's somewhat common on certain types of rifles. But as I said, I haven't seen the movie so I couldn't say with certainty.

m

[/quote']

That might explain it. It was portrayed as a fair distance.

Though it MAY have been more historically accurate, I didn't like it as much as the movie "Dillenger"

A double set trigger is possible. Pulling one trigger would "set" the other trigger to a very' date=' very light "pull" for greater accuracy - usually for more distant shots.

m

[/quote']

+1 on the 2 stage trigger.

Archived