Gibson Brands Forums

1974 Gibson T-Top Tar Back Pickup Question (Please Help)

leetom101

I have a 1974 SG Tobacco Burst, and the original bridge pickup is missing the mounting bracket. The pickup is a T-Top Tar Back, and there was a thin strip that want along the center of the back of the pickup. (I really don't know the name of the piece or why it is missing....). This is the piece that allows the pickup to be mounted to the plastic pickup ring by use of the a screw and a spring on each side.

Does any one know where I can find this part? I really appreciate the help.

Yeah, I may have to do that. It is just a strip that goes across the back of the pickup with a dog ear bend at each side. It's the piece that allows the pickup to be mounted on the rectangular plastic pickup mount piece. All parts had a pickup mount, but it is larger and covers the entire back of the pickup. Maybe that would work? These "Tar Back" pickups are great, and I would much rather have the original part.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will call Randy's this afternoon. If they don't have one, I will just cut up an existing mount (or bend a strip and drill a few holes to make one). I can't wait to get this SG singin' again.

Archived