Gibson Brands Forums

"Williamsville" stamp?

48Harley

Guest BentonC

I've run into this before, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to dig up anything about this stamp. For one reason or another, there just isn't any archived information that we can find...

• 1 month later...

Moog Music bought a factory in Williamsville NY a suburb of Buffalo in 1971. In 1975 Moog was purchased by guess who...Norlin. For a short time Gibson amplifiers and Cordovox instruments were actually manufactured in the plant in Williamsville NY. I'm thinking it's not too much of a stretch to assume that guitar electronics sub-assemblies were produced there as well.

Moog Archives - Williamsville

MOOG ARCHIVES - Chronology

Moog Music bought a factory in Williamsville NY a suburb of Buffalo in 1971. In 1975 Moog was purchased by guess who...Norlin. For a short time Gibson amplifiers and Cordovox instruments were actually manufactured in the plant in Williamsville NY. I'm thinking it's not too much of a stretch to assume that guitar electronics sub-assemblies were produced there as well.

Would this include the LAB Series amps?

• 5 months later...

I live not far from this plant (5 miles) and remember all this very well. I take my Moog Taurus I bass pedals to a guy who used to work for Moog Music back then. He now owns a a company called Modusonics about 5 miles away from where I live in the opposite direction of the old Moog plant. He can probably tell you a lot about what you want to know. His website is no longer active for some reason but here is his contact info......

Mike Bucki

6300 Old Beatie rd

Lockport, NY 14094

716-438- 0756

• 8 months later...

Archived