Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone looking to sell an adirondack (red) spruce topped AJ?

diogo

hi everyone,

sorry to post stuff like this here, but i guess it has much better chance to be seen by anyone that actually owns one of these.

i have a 2005 sitka topped AJ but i'm selling it to get this one. i know for a fact that a few of these were made in a short 2007 run with an Original Jumbo type of burst (very small orange circle, not the yellowish used with the sitka and that i see on most AJs), and this is half the fun of it to me, i really have come to hate the huge wide yellow burst, so the small orange vintage styled one is really crucial.

if anyone's looking to dump theirs, i'm your man..just please let me know asap.

cheers!

just to further illustrate what i'm after, here's the auction i just lost for 5 bucks, after the seller not giving a crap about my offer for 1 whole day and pretending to not see my emails just so he didn't have to ship a guitar to Europe, even though his listing said he would..oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180517780440&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That's quite the rare bird you're looking for. If you want to spend the money' date=' you can order one from the custom shop. They'll build you pretty much whatever you want. They may be hard to find used.[/quote']

i honestly wouldn't dream of ordering a custom job being in Europe, Portugal of all places, and only being able to do it through Gibson representatives here, it's an absolute recipe for disaster.

Archived