Gibson Brands Forums

Yamaha Audiogram 6 and Cubase 5

Bowdiddley

I posted in the Recording section and I thought I'd ask here also for you guys that don't stray from the forum.

Has anyone got the Audiogram 6 and if so what are your thoughts.

I'm looking the it and the E-MU 0404. The Yahmaha is a little cheaper but it was developed with Steinberg collaboration so I thought it may have less issues with latency etc.

Opinions appreciated.

I've got it. It's pretty simple and works great.... or would If I had more of a clue as to what I am doing :-({|=

The hardware is awesome... I'm learning Cubase on the fly. It's more intuitive than Audacity, and the documentation would make it a piece of cake for someone more foamiliar with the process. I'd say get one if you've found a deal on it.

Not sure how I missed your reply ChanMan, thanks. My main concern with it is that it only has USB 1.1 not USB 2.0.

I can't for the life of me understand why they used 1.1 when 2.0 would have been so much faster. Do you have any issues with latency?

LOL I know what you mean about Cubase. Actually I'm just getting a little recording setup assembled and I just got Cubase 5 as well. There is a definite learning curve. Does your disk have the tutorials? Thats helped me a lot plus my cousin has been using Cubase about 6 years now and he doesn't mind answering my questions.

Archived