Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Les Paul

Kopite

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me... I'm interested to know if there is/was a limit on the number of Slash Les Paul's produced by the custom shop? The model I'm refering to is the Tobacco Burst top with the Fishman Power Bridge. Serial numbers starting SL

Thanks

Kopite

Hi' date='

I'm wondering if anybody can help me... I'm interested to know if there is/was a limit on the number of Slash Les Paul's produced by the custom shop? The model I'm refering to is the Tobacco Burst top with the Fishman Power Bridge. Serial numbers starting SL

Thanks

Kopite[/quote']

ToyEbay005.jpg

Nope,

No limit on them although there becoming increasingly difficult to find.... If you buy used you will get one for a very reasonable price..

Regards

Thanks for the replies. There's one just come on eBay here in Aus - seems more pricey than the others with the seller claiming it as a VOS model. I didn't realise they did a VOS model on this guitar? Anyhow, here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gibson-Les-Paul-Slash-Signature-VOS-Guitar-As-New-/290454709364?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item43a0732474

I'm also looking at another one with a way low serial number (under 60). I'm thinking that may be a better investment as from what I can tell there's no other difference between the two guitars. I'm a bit uneducated on the VOS stuff though... Thanks for any advice all.

Thanks for the replies. There's one just come on eBay here in Aus - seems more pricey than the others with the seller claiming it as a VOS model. I didn't realise they did a VOS model on this guitar? Anyhow' date=' here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gibson-Les-Paul-Slash-Signature-VOS-Guitar-As-New-/290454709364?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item43a0732474

I'm also looking at another one with a way low serial number (under 60). I'm thinking that may be a better investment as from what I can tell there's no other difference between the two guitars. I'm a bit uneducated on the VOS stuff though... Thanks for any advice all.[/quote']

Hello Kopite,

Each V.O.S. (Vintage Original Specs) gutiar is made with a Gibson proprietary method to make it look like an actual guitar from the end of the 1950's that has alwasy been treated with care and gently aged.

The Slash Signature Model you are referring to usually is not made as a VOS guitar. If you want it as a VOS, you could place a request with your local Gibson dealer and he can contact Gibson's sales department for you for an answer if this can be done.

Anyway I would recommend you to buy a new Gibson from a Gibson dealer rather than a used guitar, to enjoy all the benefits of the service and warrnaty coverage that goes with a new Gibson sold through an authorized channel.

Archived