Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite book genres

Kimbabig

ChanMan...

History geek?

Hmmmmm. I resemble that remark.

I don't go back as far as you, but I've done a piece or two on swords for appropriate publication. Actually lettered in fencing in high school.

But... I tend to go for the more modern history.

Vegetius I really like; but it also wouldn't hurt to read De Saxe, Jomini, Clausewitz... De Saxe is closer to "your" era and was pretty innovative.

http://1632.org/

Then go to the Baen library to check on an on-line copy at least of the book if you're at all into Gustavus Adolphus.

m

well i clicked on fantasy thinking that i could decide on more than one, but apparently not. oh well. i like a series called "The Forgotten Realms". they have little breakdown mini series that have about 3 books so you're never really rushing to keep up with the story line. The realms is a basic setting of geographical locations on which these little three book stories take place. what i really like reading though, is informational stuff, such as, animals and how they react in certain environments, books on native american culture, desert life, medicinal plants and other things. always looking for new information. [thumbup]

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is every genre....and pretty kickass!

+1

I'm reading part 6 at the moment #-o

Jeff-7: I can really recommend the Dark Tower books (3000+ pages) if you liked 'The Stand' and 'Eyes of the Dragon', it's also about Randall Flagg ;-) But maybe start with 'Salem's Lot' first as it reoccurs quite often in book 5 and 6.

Archived