Gibson Brands Forums

trying to decide on a setup to go with my j-50...

acoustic idiot

i'll make the final payment on a 1969 gibson j-50 in october, and somethin tells me that this will be a guitar to take to the grave with me. literally. so i think it deserves a setup. amp, some sort of pickup that will not alter the guitar/change value, maybe a general reverb/delay pedal, microphone for vocals, and just something i can take and load in my trunk. i've been playing for seven years, acoustic for two years, and am just now starting to get shows. i've NEVER showed up with anything more than my guitar and maybe a couple harmonicas. i think people get uptight and elite when they see this. i've been sticking to my guns for a while, but i think i need a rig to really get out there. preferably something around 2-3grand, that i can buy in peices over the course of a year. please, i appreciate any recomendations. thank you all

I have a Fishman Infinity Matrix in my SJ200 . I run it through a Fishman Aura 16. then the AFX Chorus and AFX delay,

Then all through the SA 220 Solo. The Guitar in one hand and the SA220 in the other.

Vocals Blue enCore 200 Mic through a Helicon Voice Harmoney GXT in to channel 2 of the 220.

One trip from car to 'gig'

It sounds great .

The 220 lists for $1500 but I got mine on e-bay NIB for under $800..

The live sound is IMO great with the infinity and using it with the 16 you can get that desired mic'ed sound with out the associated work.

SA220 Solo

Fishman Matrix

Aura Sixteen

AFX Delay

AFX Chorus

Blue enCore 200

Harmony GXT

Fishman has been very good for me. No compatibility questions sticking with the same MFG. when building a signal chain.

[biggrin]

Hard to beat that Fishman Solo Amp for a self-contained, portable singer/songwriter amplification package. Light, powerful, easily dailed in......it's a terriffic piece for the working musician. Choice of pickup is another story with lots of good options. Do your homework on that piece of the puzzle.

Archived